Wednesday, February 24, 2010

erykah badu's oakland concert

So I finally have time to come do a little blogging and I would really love to talk about one of the best soul singers of our time, ms. Erykah Badu. She played at the Fox Theatre in Oakland and I don't know if it's the fact that I am getting older and love the grown and sexy vibe more or the fact that she is just a dope performer but her show was one of my favorite concerts (and trust me I grew up in the teeny bopper days of *NSYNC and Backstreet Boys so I've been to my share of concerts.) She doesn't have any new music out but it was really fun to take it back and hear her hits from Baduizm and other albums, she sang a few Michael Jackson song, which really got the crowd going and she showed off her floetic skills and rapped a little Cali gangsta rap. She is the type of woman that can literally just stand there and sing and still put on the most amazing show. Her sequined silver leggings and tall black top hat did help keep my attention but her voice is one of a kind she is a true artist, someone who stayed true to herself and went against all the hype. I am really into soul and r&b right now so anyone like corrine bailey rae, lauryn hill, adele, my favorite amy winehouse and of course erykah is who I consider true soul singers because they get to your core and you can feel what they're singing and really experience an emotion when listening to them. So as you can tell I give Badu's show two thumbs waaaay up. If you ever get the chance to check her out please do so because it is so worth it. i hear she is coming in the summertime for the lilith fair now that will be a concert I will mos def be blogging about, til next time xo I'll be back in a few days to report about one of my favorite divas Mariah Carey! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment